I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Leaves are Almost Ready!

Well, the fall leaves are almost ready to put on the Classroom Tree. Right now there are apples on it, but since we've been talking about fall a lot (and now that we can actually see signs of fall), it's time for the tree to transform.  Overnight.  Magically.

As you can see below, I have made tucks in all of the leaves to get them ready.  My plan is to layer them in groups of two or three and then run them through the sewing machine again.  However, I worry that doing that will dramatically lesson the length of  leaves I will have to  string on the branches - by about one-half to two-thirds, of course. 


Well, we shall see.  I might do that (layer them) anyway just to cover up the harshness of the bright yellow, which looks a little glaring to me even as I write this.


After I get them all strung (layered or not layered) I will post another picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment