I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sensory Bins


Here is our "Giving and Sharing" sensory bin this week, as the Little People got one last "hurrah" with it before I switched it out for a more winter-themed set.  They really loved this set of holiday objects.  They looked at them, talked about them, and sorted them out into groups.

Of course, there are some downfalls to this type of open-ended exploration.  See the white cubes below marked by the red ovals?  These used to be cute little wrapped presents, wrapped in the shiny paper marked with the red arrow.  It appears that someone thought that there was something good in those little packages.


Of course, on the other hand, look how nicely the kids sorted them out, even in their unwrapped status:  Styrofoam blocks in one group, cast-off wrapping paper in another.

Yep - that's when you know that you're putting out stuff  that's good for them - when they even keep learning in a state of  post-wrapping disappointment.  :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a terrific site here! I can't believe I am your first follower - yay me!!

    Come see me too! I'd love for us to help support each other!

    ~jeannie~
    ­ Kindergarten Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same thing that happened to my 'gifts' in my sensory tub!

    ReplyDelete